Design Elements

These guidelines postulate details in design, construction and environmental care in order to protect and enhance the investment of each proprietor. The focus is to preserve environmental quality for the enjoyment and well being of the community. Here we present a brief summary of these guidelines. Please contact us for the complete document in detail.

Summary of Construction, Design and Environmental Control Guidelines

Single-Family Residential: The estates are single-family residential units on which it is not permitted to build condominiums, apartments, rooms,  nor any other construction not destined to be single-family residences.

Setbacks shall be along all exterior boundaries t0 ensure a sense of privacy for all residents.

Lot Preservation and Building Footprint90% of our project must remain in its natural state. On the remaining a 10% clearing is allowed to make room for residential construction, landscaping, private garden space, and a pool.

Tree Preservation: Trees classified by the Official Mexican Norm NOM-059-ECOL-1994 that determines rare, endemic and endangered species or which are subject to special protection shall be preserved.

Wastewater and Constructed Wetlands: Only constructed wetlands systems designed by professional experts and approved by Los Árboles may be used for septic needs. Pre-approved designs will be provided.

Roads: The construction of all paths/roads shall use materials that permit the filtration of water to the underground.

Garbage: Trash collection will be collected on a periodic basis in containers approved by the municipal authorities and will not be allowed to accumulate outside of any residential units.

Privacy Fencing: In order to retain the natural ecosystem of the area, no fences will be allowed except for within the permissible 5% building area.

Pets: Domestic animals shall be in the possession of their owners at all times, whether by leash or containment system, and shall not be permitted to roam free. This is to prevent the disturbance of the local, wild fauna.